Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Charity Event
Some quick things. I am trying to organize this blog into categories, but it is taking a bit of time. I'd like it to be a little easier to navigate through old posts, but it's kind of tedious to go through and apply the correct labels. I'm whining..sorry!

More importantly , I am participating in a one day charity event :
Windup Gallery
January 12th, 2008 - "My Monster"
A charity for children by children

The Windup Gallery sent all the participating artists a young child's
rendition of a monster and some were even accompanied by a story. Our job was to interpret the child's drawing for the event.
It was alot of fun, and I only wish I had more time to work on this.

I got Lindsey's monster and her story fit the guy perfectly. The name just blew me away - Scary Barry. That's brilliant. And check out his snazzy clothes...way cooler than anything I could have come up with. Cheers to Lindsey!

Not much in the way of technique- it's a bit of watercolor, acrylic, and colored pencil. Just ran with it and had a some fun.





4 comments:

Mike Dutton said...

HAHA! Man! You really ran with it Scott. Too fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Thats totally awesome..... I really dig the outfit she came up for him. The name is truly priceless you should collaborate with her and write a children's book.

Sir Timmy said...

ahaha that's a thing of beauty there! lucky girl ~ now if only i could get you to do something with one of my monsters :) jealous i am!

Marco Bucci said...

great job on this. I did one of these myself last year. Never had so much fun painting!